Our annual re-enrollment process is now open for current families! Invitations have been sent via email to re-enroll using the method that is most convenient for your family (online at https://bit.ly/3wPVsCi, in-person, or paper form). Your early decision and response helps us plan effectively for the upcoming school year. Thank you again for being part of our school family!
I hope this message finds you and your loved ones well. As you are aware, we are all facing challenging times regarding school safety. As a school, we have always taken every precaution necessary to keep our students and staff safe.
We are writing to inform you that our school will be implementing a zero visitor procedure as an extra layer of safety for our staff and scholars. This policy will take effect immediately and will remain in place until further notice.
The safety and wellbeing of our students and staff are of the utmost importance to us. In the society that we live in today, we believe that implementing a zero visitor procedure is necessary to ensure their safety. This decision has been made after careful consideration and consultation with local law enforcement and security experts.
Under this procedure, no visitors will be allowed in the school building, except in cases of emergency or where it is absolutely essential. Any essential visitors will be required to follow strict safety protocols, including signing in at the main office, wearing identification badges, and being escorted at all times.
We understand that this procedure may be an inconvenience for some families, but we believe it is the best course of action to help protect the physical safety of our entire school community. We are committed to creating a safe and secure learning environment for all students and staff, and we appreciate your support in this effort.
If you have any questions or concerns about this procedure, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We will keep you updated on any changes or developments as they arise.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
Closed Campus F.A.Q
I would like to pick up my Scholar for early dismissal:
- Call the School prior to 2pm to request pick up and what time. If there is an emergency , please give us a 15 min heads up. Pick must be before 3pm.
- Pick up by 3pm, door closes at 3pm.
- When you pick up, please buzz for your scholar, show your ID and sign out in the book that is now located in vestibule.
- Please be advised that early pick-ups often, will result in truancy issues.
I would like to drop off lunch or snacks for the class.
- Buzz into the office, speaker located in the entry way. State the scholar’s name and grade and that you are leaving lunch or snacks.
- Leave lunch on the table in the entry way with name of scholar on a sticky note (provided for you). A staff member will retrieve the lunch and deliver to the classroom.
I would like a meeting.
- Call the school and set up a time slot for a virtual meeting.
- There are no in-person meetings
- Please do not come to the school, you will be asked to set up a virtual meeting. Office staff will give you a time and date. An administrator or teacher will send you an email with log-in credentials.
Regular Dismissal – Starts at 3:25
- Please stay in your vehicle.
- Do not get out of your vehicle.
- Once you have your scholar in your vehicle, please proceed out of the parking lot with caution.
The Local Wellness Policy is a written document that guides a local educational agency’s (LEA) or school district’s efforts to establish a school environment that promotes students’ health, well-being, and ability to learn. The Wellness Policy Committee has been created as an effort to manage and develop our school’s healthy habits.
» A Wellness Committee will be appointed to each school
» The committee may include parents and guardians, students, representatives of the school nutrition program, physical education teachers, or any other interested stakeholder that is aligned with the goals of the policy
» The committee shall meet a minimum of four times per year
This is a great opportunity to help promote and support student health and wellness, and create a positive, safe, and health-promoting learning environment. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
We want to hear from you. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Build a strong academic foundation from the start. Begin your education journey with us and save your student’s seat today!
I was born and raised in Canton, Ohio. I attended National University in La Jolla, California and obtained my AA in General Education, BA in Interdisciplinary Studies and MA in Special Education. I am currently pursuing a second Masters in Applied Behavioral Analysis. I have worked in the Education field for the past 12 years in many different capacities. I have been a sign language interpreter, substitute teacher, intervention specialist and behavioral therapist. I choose education because I have a passion for working with children. Children are our future and one way to change the future is investing in our children.
– Chazare Jester, M.Ed
Dean of Students
We are a proud member of ACCEL Schools—a public charter school network serving thousands of PK-12 students throughout the United States. ACCEL was founded in 2012 by the early pioneers of online learning. Our leadership believes that all children, regardless of location or socio-economic background, deserve a quality education that prepares them to succeed in school and become productive global citizens.
ACCEL Schools Instructional Model provides:
- Aligned Academics meet or exceed state standards ensuring your child is on track for rigorous college and career opportunities.
- Certified, Licensed Teachers and a student-centered staff are united in executing our mission to make a difference in the life trajectory of each student.
- More Time on Task and double the instructional minutes for ELA and Math maximizes learning in your child’s school day.
- Short Cycle Assessments keep track of how students are progressing in the program, giving teachers ongoing feedback so they can tailor instruction to your student’s needs.
- Individualized Instruction driven by assessment data means we are familiar with the needs of each child and set students up for success in each course of study.
- State Testing Preparation reduces the anxiety often associated with high stakes tests, helping our teachers and students feel confident with the structure and methodology of state exams.
- Academic Support including education technology, interventional specialists, and instructional aides assist students during the school day. After school tutoring, summer school, and Saturday school programs extend support services beyond the traditional school day and year.
- Extracurricular Courses & Activities round out our educational offerings providing students social-emotional learning, athletics, arts, service learning & more.
We are pleased to announce that Akron Preparatory School has chosen School Uniforms by Tommy Hilfiger as your uniform partner for the upcoming school year. Families can wear anything that is available on our Tommy Hilfiger school webpage with or without the school logo.
Back to School Uniforms Promotion
10% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER – PRODUCTS + LOGO FEES
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $99
OFFER VALID 07/26/21 – 08/1/21
SHOP WITH SCHOOL CODE: AKRO01
PROMO CODE BTS21WELCOMEWK7 REQUIRED AT CHECKOUT
Offer ends 8/1/21 at 11:59 PM CT. The Promotion Code is required during checkout. Enter it in the Promo Code box of the shopping cart. 10% Off entire order includes product prices and logo fees (excludes tax and shipping). If your order meets the $99 minimum, select Standard Shipping at Checkout and the shipping fee will be waived! If your order does not meet the minimum, FREE Standard Shipping will not appear as an option. This offer is not valid on any previous orders and has no cash value. Excludes custom sized items. Not valid with other offers. Minimum purchase amount excludes tax and shipping charges. Copyright © 2021 Global Schoolwear, All rights reserved.
School will host Family Night with University gospel & step teams to celebrate on July 15th
Akron, OH – July 13, 2021 – Students at Akron Preparatory School will have the opportunity to participate in a new dance program in the upcoming school year. The dance program is an elective course and will focus on self-expression as well as fitness.
To celebrate the launch of the new program, Akron Prep is hosting a Family Night & Picnic on the lawn of the Joy Park Community Center this Thursday, July 15th from 4PM-7PM. The event features entertainment by University step teams & gospel choirs and is free for community members. Families will enjoy a free grilled hamburger or hotdog, snow cone, face painting, lawn games, music, dancing, and more! Families interested in the dance program and enrollment will have the opportunity to meet with school staff during the event.
“We wanted to offer Dance as another way for our students to learn how to express themselves. During our pandemic school year, we noticed our students found value in expressing themselves through our fine arts program so we made the addition of Dance a priority in our planning for the upcoming school year.” says Ashley Miles, principal at Akron Preparatory School.
Akron Preparatory School is an established, tuition-free public charter school serving Grades K-8 in the East End neighborhoods of Akron. Akron Prep values high expectations for academics and behavior. The school is led by Ashley Miles, an educator and school administrator with over 15 years of experience. Learn more at www.akronprep.org
Below are downloadable and printable (PDF) Blizzard Bag materials by grade/teacher.
- Re-Enrollment Open for Fall 2023
- Important Safety Update
- Join the Wellness Committee!
- Kindergarten Registration Now Open for Fall 2023!
- Welcome Chazare Jester, Dean of Students
- The ACCEL Schools Difference
- Tommy Hilfiger School Uniforms Promotion
- Akron Preparatory School To Offer New Dance Program
- Blizzard Bag Materials for Grades K-8
- Featured Teacher: Jennifer Jones